Shri Pashupatinath Temple, Kathmandu
Shri Pashupatinath Temple, Kathmandu
On the sanctified city of Nepal, Shri Pashupatinathji Temple increases the beauty of the place. It is one of the most prominent Hindu temples since ancient times and exists on the Bagmati River of Kathmandu. This religious temple holds the holy symbol the almighty, Lord Shiva.
Hindus have deep faith and religious values for the temple. Thousands of Hindus and international tourists come to experience the divinity of this place. Unlike the other temples, Pashupatinath is the collation of pure shrines, ashrams, inscriptions, and various other religious rituals performed here. The temple enjoys a special listing on the UNESCO World Heritage Sites since the era of 1979.
Why you must visit Pashupatinathji Temple?
- If you are a peace lover, there is no peaceful temple as quite as this one. Instead of the noisy bells, loud aartis, and crowded devotees or disciples, you will find divine seldom here.
- Lord Shiva followers and believers must visit this place once in a lifetime. Maha Shivaratri is celebrated on a grand scale and you simply can’t miss that.
- At the entrance of the door, you will be amazed to see a huge statue of Lord Shiva’s Nandi Bull, followed by various other shrines. The architecture of the place is quite captivating for the tourists.
- The style of the temple is constructed in a Nepalese pagoda design. The main idol with silver serpent is the highlight of the temple.
- It is only in this temple you will find Pashupati’s Shiva Lingam dressed in Golden Vastra. Those who are willing to bathe the lingam in milk and Ganga jal must wait for Abhishakam. Only the priests of the temple are allowed to perform this ritual.
- If you love the colorful festivals of India, you must visit during Bala Chaturthi, Teej, and Maha Shivaratri.
There are amazing stories attached with the temple that increases the excitement of exploring the place. One of them states when Lord Shiva took the form of an antelope, the other gods tried to hold him and force him to perform his divine powers. The broken horn was worshipped for many years.
It is also believed that a group of herdsmen noticed their cow pouring its milk on the soil and they found the Sacred Linga of Pashupatinath after digging the soil deep.
The serene beauty of the temple and its surrounding area is a must see for every explorer. Start planning today!
By : Trip To Temples
Posted On : 01-Jan-1970
Popular Kailash Package
KAILASH YATRA VIDEOS
KAILASH POPULAR BLOG
Very Smooth Journey To Mount Kailash
Om Har Har Mahadev! It was divine! It was mystical! It was magical! And the best part, it was, a comfortable and very smooth journey to Mount Kailash Bhole Few things command more respect hard work, integrity, dedication and the ability to follow through. These are among the many attributes we experienced from start to finish when organizing our trip to Kailash Mansarovar with Trip to Temple. This travel agency is an excellent listener and pays attention to detail; a lost quality in today’s world. I must say that thanks to Vikas Mishra along with his team. Our two-week journey through Kailash Mansarover significantly exceeded all of our expectations. To us, even important than a great relationship between the tour company and the is the one between the travel company's staff and their preferred services, like hotels, tour guides, drivers, etc. to temple provide all these services.
We took the services of 'Trip To Temples' for our pilgrimage to Kailash Mansarovar from 23.05.18 to 05.06.18. We are highly satisfied with the facilities and the arrangements made by the Travel group. The guide and all other associated people of the group were highly cooperative and well-informed. Daily briefing was done to us and mandatory daily medical checks were also done satisfactorily. Everything from food to the medical facilities extended were par excellent, with a special mention of the food which was pure Jain food and tasted just like home food. The programme was very well designed in all aspects. We did not face any problem in stay arrangements except at Mansarover where we faced some problem as the bus had got stuck on the way and reached late. Mr. Manish of 'Trip To Temple' guided us really well and was very prompt in answering all our queries for the preparations prior to the journey. The videography of our entire trip done exclusively for our group was really a wonderful experience and the video was also telecast on Soham TV. We recommend this group's services to all. Thanks to Trip To Temple for such a rememberable lifetime journey.